I LOVE CEBU, PHILIPPINES BECAUSE I CAN ENJOY the comforts of modern living while still being close to mountains and beaches. Here’s a list of seven amazing places accessible from Cebu.
1. El Nido and Puerto Princesa Palawan – Where Jovi and I went for our honeymoon. I described going there as if I was in Jurassic World.
2. Siquijor – I went to Siquijor with friends to attend the mysterious island’s annual Healing festival.
3. Siargao – There’s more to Siargao than surfing. Dedon Island, one of the most expensive resorts in the Philippines is there, as well as other very pretty and affordable resorts.
4. Bacolod – Just a quick 30-minute flight from Cebu. Worth it for Chicken Inasal alone, plus they have a Japanese onsen.
5. Surigao Del Norte – I traveled solo there in March 2016 and was very fascinated by their natural pebble and stone beach.
6. Bohol – I found Bohol’s Alona Beach very touristy. But it’s still worth seeing the Chocolate Hills and tarsiers even at least once.
7. Guimaras Island – Guimaras is the birthplace of my mother. We spent 4 days there eating all kinds of food mixed with some of the world’s sweetest mangoes.
Sometimes, I do crave a change of scenery. If I ever want to leave town or recommend other places to friends, it need not be far from my hometown.
Have you been to any of these places before? Let me know if you have any travel stories or tips to share in the comments section below. Also, say Hi to me on Twitter (@nericrystal) or subscribe to my newsletter: